Getting married in church
We're delighted you are considering having your wedding in one of our parishes.
There are some legal preliminaries which have to be checked out.
If either of you has been married or been in a civil partnership before, you will need to make an appointment to see the Vicar before we can proceed. Please contact the Benefice Office on 01902 373160 or send us an email.
If you live anywhere in the parishes of Albrighton, Boningale or Donington you may marry in any of our three churches.
If you no longer live any of the parishes you will need to establish a qualifying connection.
- If you have lived in the parish for at least six months during your lifetime
- If your parent(s) have lived here for six months during your lifetime
- If you have been baptised or confirmed in any of the three churches or your confirmation has been registered at any of the churches.
- If you have been a regular churchgoer at St Mary's for more than six months
How large is each church?
- St Mary's seats up to 250 people,
- St Cuthbert's up to 120
- St. Chad's up to 70.
- You may make arrangements to visit all 3 churches before deciding where to marry.
We want your wedding day to be all you want it to be, so we will help you with all the practical arrangements concerned with the church ceremony. We also want your marriage to be a space where you will both be able to flourish so we will invite you to a Marriage Preparation Session in which we will explore what makes a strong and lasting marriage - you'll be surprised at what you learn about each other during these meetings!
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
For a link to the Church of England website, Your Church Wedding, which is packed with lots of ideas and resources for hymns and readings, please click here.